Libby M Iriks is a contemporary small-town romance author. She lives in the southern suburbs of Perth, Australia, but dreams of hiding away in a cosy, remote writing studio—preferably somewhere with a view. Of course, if her dream were to come true, she’d also need a cleaning fairy and a personal chef, thanks very much.
Libby began her writing journey in 2013 after she was inspired by a visit to the beautiful town of Nannup in WA’s southwest. Since then, she has published numerous pieces under the pseudonym, Monique Hall, and has been a finalist in several competitions. Libby is the commissioning editor of romance for Vulpine
Libby is now writing under her own name, Libby M Iriks, and her first novel will be published in 2020.
Libby has published the following works under the pseudonym, Monique Hall:
- 2016 | Little Gems Short Story Anthology: ‘Breaking Free’ | Romance Writers of Australia
- 2016 | Writing the Dream Anthology: ‘Ultimate Dreaming’ | Serenity Press
- 2016 | A Healing Hand| Serenity Press
- 2015 | Rocky Romance Anthology: ‘A Healing Hand’ | Serenity Press
- 2020 | Romance Writers of Australia | Sweet Treats placegetter: ‘Add a Little Spice’
- 2019 | Romance Writers of Australia | Ripping Start finalist: ‘Where Destiny Lies’ —Read her entry here
- 2016 | Romance Writers of Australia | Little Gems placegetter: ‘Breaking Free’
Some interesting facts about Libby:
- She is a former teacher and school librarian and worked as a sales rep for Scholastic Australia.
- She has 64 first cousins … don’t even get her started on second cousins!
- She believes in the afterlife and, thanks to a gifted medium, has received many messages from much-loved family members who have passed.
Family means everything to Libby! Her husband makes the World’s Best Banana Smoothie and is perhaps the funniest and most generous person on the planet. Her oldest daughter sings and plays the ukelele like a boss and was identifying errors in punctuation before she could talk,* while her youngest daughter prefers cartwheeling to walking and excels at every sport she tries.**
*Slight exaggeration. **Does NOT take after Libby in this regard.